Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Green Tea Cake


Green tea cake

During my birthday, my husband bought me a green tea cake with red bean paste, which i found it so delicious. Important is my daughter loves to eat the cake too. As you know small children tend to be picky in eating. I remembered i saw one of the recipe of the same green tea cake with red bean paste in one of the Flavour magazine. Therefore, without wasting time, i followed the recipe and bake the cake once i got hold all the ingredient. So sad to say that this cake turned out to be unsuccessful. My heart sank as I've planned to bake this cake for my daugther and husband birthday sometimes next month. The cake flavour is there but the texture is a bit wet and heavy. i guess it has to do with how I beat the egg whites. Since their birthday still a month ahead, i guess i still have time to practice. Hope my next baking will turn out to be successful then i will post the recipe here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Vivian
    About the lemon biscuit:
    May I ask about the protein contain of your flour, ^^. Because if the dough turns sticky, the problem can come from the moisture, the low protein flour will hold less water than higher one.
    Pook

    ReplyDelete
  2. And about the green tea roll:
    Your problem can come from the heat,
    when put the base ingredient over the heat, remember to heat it just start to pulls away from the pan. If the base mixture is too hot, the flour will be too thick and the cold milk won't be able to cool them down.

    Pook

    ReplyDelete